After I wrote my previous blog post with instructions to set up a Drobo in Linux, I noticed that the write performance was really bad and when I deleted files the LEDs showing the used space would not go out. Clearly something was not set up correctly.
Eclipse has built-in support for spell checking but it only includes two platform dictionaries: English (United Kingdom) and English (United States). Fortunately it is possible to use any aspell dictionary in Eclipse.
Update: After writing this blog post, I ran into a number of problems and redid my setup in a different way.
Yesterday my brand new Drobo arrived. I ordered it online together with 2 Seagate ST31000340AS Barracuda 1TB drives. Even though the Linux support by Data Robotics is still in beta, I was able to get the Drobo up and running on my Ubuntu 8.10 server.
LinkedIn has just released a first batch of applications that you can install "to enrich your profile". They are very similar to Facebook's applications but of course they are geared towards business users. Some of the applications look interesting but I doubt that the use of these types of applications is allowed by the Belgian privacy laws.